Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Argh, enough already!

I'm so tired of this virus already.  Even though I often stay home for weeks at a time I always knew I could go out if I wanted.  Sometimes I would go to a bookstore, thrift stores, or craft store just to get out of the house for a while and now they are all closed.  I guess I can order online from Michael's or Joann's and do the curbside pickup for things they have in stock locally.  It is just not the same.  I love to wander those aisles and find things I didn't know I wanted. 

Alaska is now up to 133 cases of the virus with 3 deaths.  35 of those cases are here in Fairbanks where I live.  I've stayed inside and away from anyone outside of my family for the past 2.5 weeks since I am high risk.  This morning though, my younger son came home from work early because he was sick.  He works as a cashier at a grocery store.  He probably doesn't have the coronavirus but we had to be sure so we had him call the hotline.  They decided he should get tested ASAP so my husband took him through the drive through testing center.  Now we all (4 of us) have to stay home and no one can go to work until the test comes back negative.  I really hope he doesn't have it.  He could just have a cold.  He said he has a lot of head/sinus congestion and wasn't really coughing much but now that it is later I am hearing him coughing more and more.  My house smells like lysol and bleach and I'm afraid to leave my little corner of the house.  My son has orders to stay in his room and call if he needs anything.  We will bring him food and leave it by the door like a prisoner.  Poor guy.

I'm trying to keep myself busy with knitting and reading.  My knitting has an issue now so it is in timeout.  Now I'm reading Mary Higgins Clark's debut suspense novel, Where are the Children?  I figured that was fitting since she passed away on January 31st this year.  I'm about half way and so far it is pretty good.  I'll probably finish it tomorrow sometime. 

I guess she actually wrote one book before this one but it didn't sell well and she decided to switch to suspense.  Aspire to the Heavens was actually her first novel which was a fictionalize account of the life of George Washington.  It was later released under the title Mount Vernon Love Story.  I'm not into love stories so I'll stick with this one for now. 

I hope everyone is staying home and avoiding the coronavirus as much as possible.  This is one time where we can be a bad host.  We can not wear a bra because no one is coming to the door or stay in pajamas as long as we want.  I say that's a blessing to count for sure.
Be safe!
~D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments (except spam of course). Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you. Sorry that I had to add word verification. I am getting a lot of spam comments.