Saturday, October 1, 2016

Color Trends

I know there are color trends for every year and season etc but have you ever noticed your own color trends? For me they just happen and it takes me a while to notice. It usually starts with me seeing something in a store in a different color than I usually get and I have to get it.... then I keep seeing that color everywhere, in earrings, necklaces, jewelry, even deodorant bottles and want it. Sometimes it gets so silly that I realize I don't even really need the thing but I'm just attracted by the color and so I make myself put it back. The kicker is usually when I look at my nail polish and realize I have several bottles of the same or similar color.

Last year I started liking lavender and this year it gradually changed to darker purple. Everything I own now has turned purple. I even put purple highlights in my hair. Well, now I'm starting to add teal. I've been looking all over for a certain nail polish I used on my anniversary when I got my nails done. It is a fine lavender glitter polish by China Glaze in color "Don't Mesh With Me." I live in a small town and I wasn't finding it. I wasn't feeling well though so I hadn't been to some stores. I finally went to Ulta and found it. The thing is I picked up several other colors too and that is when I realized there was a definite color tend happening in the Teal direction.

When I'm in a lot of pain I like to paint my nails if I can. It helps me to feel better about myself and helps my mood. That is how I rationalize getting this many nail polishes.... I'm also tossing some others that are old so you know the saying, "out with the old, gotta get some new." I'm sure that's the way it goes.

The one I was looking for is on the bottom row, second from the left. The light wasn't so good when I took this picture. The two neutrals on the bottom look really off. The one all the way to the right, bottom row is Dope Taupe by China Glaze and the next one over is Steel Waters Run Deep.  I really like them both but they look gross in this picture.

I can't wait to try layering the purple glitter on of some different colors, especially that blue one! That one is an oldie but a goodie - though that bottle is new.  It's OPI in Blue My Mind.

I think it is kinda funny that the project that I'm knitting now is also purple, teal and gray.  The blue color is actually teal but the camera refuses to show it correctly.  It is definitely more greenish-blue.


So I'm sitting here covered with 3 large ice packs in various hurtful places and I'm going to paint my sad little nails. I broke a few so they are all very short now. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments (except spam of course). Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you. Sorry that I had to add word verification. I am getting a lot of spam comments.