Monday, November 28, 2016

Happy birthday to me - I don't count zeros

Currently reading: Secret in the Stitches (Patchwork #8)

My birthday was Sunday.  I wasn't feeling well so I spent the day watching NCIS, reading or sleeping.  My husband got called into work and was gone all day but when he came home he brought me some pretty pink roses and a yummy salad.  He'd asked me what I wanted for my birthday dinner and I told him I wanted a salad from the deli salad bar so that's what he did.  I was sleeping when he came in so he but the roses in a vase for me and put them by my bed.  He had planned on getting me a gift at the store but since he worked so long he decided to wait.  He didn't want to rush and get something I might not like.  He said if I felt good enough next weekend I can go with him shopping and pick something out.  I don't really want anything right now.  I just want to rest. I really wish I could get in to see the doctor that does Myofascial Release because my shoulders are hurting so bad. I know she can fix it but I couldn't get in soon enough.

Hmm, I'm 4.5 years old now so maybe I should tell him I want a big lollipop and a teddy bear.  Really though, I'm thinking I want new rocks in my fish tank.  I've been thinking it would look really cool with black rocks.  The rocks I have are green and I have this big castle.  The green rocks get dirty looking (probably algae on them) and it looks gross.  I think black would look neat with the castle and I saw this dragon on Amazon I am thinking about getting.  The dragon is also a cave for the fish.  The inside of the castle is a huge cave but my plecostomus doesn't like to share that space. The last time I cleaned my tank I took out all the fake plants and soaked them to clean them and never put them back because I like how clean it looks now.  Maybe I'll put a few back in but not many.  Whenever I'm in a lot of pain I lay on the couch and watch my fish.  That is why my husband bought it.  My bala shark, Sidney, is about 9" long and my pleco, Raymond, is a few inches longer than that.  I love to watch those guys.  I only have 4 other fish now in my 55 gal tank because the other's have died.  It has been a long time since I've bought any new fish.  I should get some colorful fish to watch.  I've got lots of room.

One of my favorite fish is rarely seen.  He's an upside-down catfish and he likes to hide in the open areas in the very top of the castle, the inside of the pointy roofs.  His name is Waldo for obvious reasons.  I also have Squidly, a cory catfish who is white with black polka-dots and the last two fish don't have names.  I have a black skirt tetra and a pristella tetra.  All of my fish are either black, black and white or black & silver or almost transparent silver.  Well, except Waldo who is mottled browns. I think maybe, since I seem to be going blind now that I should get some fish I can see better.

Okay, I think it's time to eat some Thanksgiving left overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments (except spam of course). Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you. Sorry that I had to add word verification. I am getting a lot of spam comments.