Tuesday, June 18, 2019

On the mend

I am finally starting to feel better.  I still have a stuffy head and I'm still going through tissues but I feel like I'm headed in the right direction.  My husband is also starting to feel better and he's back at work.  He still felt bad during the weekend and I feel so bad for him.  He was really sick on his birthday, the 3rd, and still sick on Father's Day.  I did talk him into going to breakfast with me and it was really good.  He's actually rubbing off on me. 

My husband likes to do things for other people to make their day.  If he wins money at pull tabs he'll give someone a nice tip.  I've always been very frugal and always make sure I tip enough but never a lot extra.  I do like to give an extra tip to the cook if I get a really good steak.  I never know what they get of the tips normally left.  Anyway, I had steak and eggs and the steak was so good it didn't need anything on it.  It was AMAZING!  Then the cook actually came out and asked us both how we liked our food.  This was not expected since it was early and the place was empty.  We've also eaten there a lot and that has never happened.  I can only assume she is new there and she was amazing.  She was one of those happy people that leaves everyone she talks to smiling and laughing.  When she came back through I asked her what her name was and shook her hand, slipping her a $20.  She was very grateful and it was so nice to be able to do that.  I remember times when I couldn't have ordered a steak and had to keep a running total in my head at the grocery store because money was tight.  It is a really good feeling to be able to spread the love a little and Ms. Candy sure deserved it. 

After that we went and bought some flowers for my yard at a local nursery.  I was worried it was getting too late to find any good flowers.  I couldn't get any of my favorite "baby duck" petunias because they'd all been moved to hanging planters.  I don't want hanging planters because I wouldn't be able to water them myself.  My husband did get me a new bleeding heart since I couldn't find mine and I got two new lilies, some Shasta daisies, and a Columbine for my perennial bed.  I got some annuals for the other areas.  Chris was feeling bad so he went to bed but my son Riley helped me get my flowers planted.  I had a great day outside even though I still had my tissues close by.  I love all the flowers.  I have more to do in the yard but I have to do a little at a time.  Riley did trim my trees some so I could actually sit on my bench again.  Three quarters of my bench was in the trees and sticker bushes!  Riley took out so many sticker bushes and tree limbs it was amazing and there is still more to be done.  It looks a lot better though. 

I have also been doing some more small cross stitch kits but I'll post about that on my cross stitch blog.

Donna J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments (except spam of course). Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you. Sorry that I had to add word verification. I am getting a lot of spam comments.