Monday, July 30, 2018

Kickin' back today

I'm feeling odd today.  It might be caused by the new med I'm having to take but not really sure.  I told my doctor I didn't want to take gabapentin anymore since it made me feel drugged all the time even when I took the lowest dose only at night.  He decided to switch me to Lyrica but my lovely insurance company decided to screw that up.  They have 3 other drugs they insist people try before Lyrica and I've only tried 2 of them.  So I have to try Flexeril for 90 days.  It has only been about 3 days and I already don't like it for the same reason I didn't like the Gabapentin.  It turns me into a zombie.  Today, I am having trouble with my tremor acting up and I don't know why.  I don't consume anything with caffeine so I don't know what is causing it to be worse today.  I wanted to work on my cross stitch but my hands are shaking too much and I also can't write very well.

It is a beautiful day today but I'm just chillin' in my bed watching youtube videos.  I'm trying to catch up on some flosstube videos for a few people I have started to watch.  I always have to start at the beginning so I'm watching videos from 2015.  I really want to paint my toe nails but they are too far away and I just don't have the energy.  Maybe later...

I did venture out to the mailbox successfully and got two books in the mail from paperbackswap.com. I requested a book from this person and since their whole family loves to read and their house is full of books they let everyone pick a second book for free.  I got Fablehaven by Brandon Mull (book #1) and Morality for Beautiful Girls by Alexander McCall Smith.  I've read Fablehaven before and I loved it but it was a borrowed book and I want to read it again.  I did read another book or two in the series but I really can't remember now which ones I've read.  I'll just start over.  For The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency I have only read the first book.  I already had the 2nd book and I think the one I got is the third in the series.  The title of that book is interesting.  I guess there is no Morality for plain or ugly girls.

I am usually reading all the time but I haven't read anything for a week now.  I did start a book yesterday but thanks to my new drug I fell asleep and forgot what I read.  I'll just start over.  This book is a light read so I'm hoping I'll be able to keep tracking.  Usually I finished them the same day I start them or soon after.  My drug brain may take longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments (except spam of course). Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you. Sorry that I had to add word verification. I am getting a lot of spam comments.