Monday, July 23, 2018

My newest addiction

I am now hooked on cross stitch and also really interested in learning other types of embroidery.  For now I am just doing cross stitch but I did buy a kit that has some blackwork in it.  I really love the way that looks, especially in color.  I initially started in the last few months of 2015 when I made a few small Christmas kits.  I kept at it through November and then I quit for 2.5 years.  I started again this year in May and I seem to have been bitten by the bug.  I can't think of anything else now. 

Here is my first finished cross stitch that I completed this year.  It is now framed and hanging on my wall. 

I started a new blog for just my cross stitching so I won't keep posting about that here... unless I want to show off something I finished.  I love that frame I used for that cross stitch and I found it at a thrift store.  The mat came in the kit.  The mat looks darker there than it actually is.  It is a teal color.  I didn't want to use that mat since it has a crease in it on the right side but it looked good and my husband said I should use it.  For once, I listened to him.  

Buddy tried to help me a lot when I was working on that.  I worked at the kitchen table and he would jump up and snag something off the table and run off to play with it.  A few times he stole my pattern and took off and a few times he grabbed the actual piece.  When he took the cross stitch he would run somewhere away from me and stand there look at it like he wanted to know what was so interesting to me that I couldn't pay attention to him.  I had to wash it to get the dog slobber off.  

I will put a link to my blog somewhere on the sidebar of this blog.  I have to get up and move around now.  My left arm is causing me trouble.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments (except spam of course). Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you. Sorry that I had to add word verification. I am getting a lot of spam comments.