Saturday, January 31, 2015

Cooking

It has been really cold here lately and I've been in a lot of pain.  I have been doing a lot of sleeping or just laying in bed and I'm really tired of it.  I have been trying (really hard) to focus on crocheting a fairly simple hot pad.  It has been three days and I still have to add the border.  I didn't print the instructions though and the website isn't loading right now.  I'll have to wait a while and try again later.

So I went to Youtube.com and watched a few videos.  I saw something that broke my heart.  One of the people I subscribe to that make great crochet videos is having some trouble.  I have always loved her patterns.  She is very talented and I love her.  That is one thing about connecting with people online.  You can meet some wonderful people that you would never have met if not for the internet but on the flip side you can't really be there when they need help.  I can see something is wrong but what can I do so far away?  I will just keep her in my prayers and hope things get better for her.  

My newest subscription on youtube is Praxxus55712.  He has a lot of videos on cooking, organic gardening and just his life in general.  I started watching his videos starting from the first one he posted and I'm working my way back.  He is in Minnesota and I'm thinking the winters are similar to ours here in Fairbanks, Alaska.  

In the last video of his that I watched he made a recipe that was passed down from his grandmother. It reminds me of some of the recipes that came about during the depression.  It uses cream corn and I detest cream corn.  I have 8 cans of it that my husband bought accidentally.  I have been trying to give it away and no one seems to want it.  So I'm going to try it.  It seems like something I could do even feeling like I do now and maybe it will keep my mind off of feeling bad.  I always feel better when I'm cooking something.  And, even if no one likes it at least I will only have 7 cans of cream corn left to get rid of.  Check out the video and tell me what you think?  Have you ever heard of "Corners."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments (except spam of course). Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you. Sorry that I had to add word verification. I am getting a lot of spam comments.