Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Made it through the fire

I had a horrible.... really terrible horrible no good (3) days.  It was a fibro flare up that had me begging for mercy.  It finally let up and even though I'm still achy the worst of that pain has lifted. I hardly slept for that time or slept poorly but I finally crashed and slept hard for a long, long time.  I woke up feeling so much better.  

I have been up cleaning in my kitchen and cooking the best snickerdoodles EVER!  I love snickerdoodles and anything cinnamon.  I used this recipe here.  I wasn't as happy with the first batch because my son yanked them out of the oven as soon as the timer went off and they really needed another minute or two.  They were just too doughy inside for me.  I just cooked another batch (since the kid is at school now) and this time I put a sheet of parchment on a tray and sprinkled it with a little of the cinnamon-sugar.  I put the cookies on that and then sprinkled them with some more sugar and then put them in the fridge to chill.  It coated the cookies so much easier than the first batch that were cold already.  I cooked these cookies 10 to 11 minutes (the tray on the bottom took a minute longer) but they are oh so very tasty!

Scratch & Sniff

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments (except spam of course). Leave me a note! I'd love to hear from you. Sorry that I had to add word verification. I am getting a lot of spam comments.